Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hold your hippogriffs!

Wait wait wait wait.

Actually both are opposites - depending on your view.

Either:

Satisfaction - No satisfaction (which is the lack of)
or
Satisfaction - Dissatisfaction

The thing is lack of satisfaction doesn't make you automatically dissatisfied. Also, key point is 'lack of', which holds an entirely different meaning to 'opposite'.

What I mean is:

The opposite of love is hate, but the lack of love is indifference.

But then again, this is the same paradox what!

Because if you don't love, it does not necessarily mean hate, so it could mean indifference instead. Therefore, indifference could also be the opposite of love.

At least, that was what I used to think before I thought about the 'lack of' concept. There is this theory (from Krishna?) that love and hate are the same thing, both being together (as in, love and hate at the same time) so now the opposite of love is indifference again.

I can't express myself clearly cause my thoughts are very jumbled also I'm beginning to sound incoherent arghhhhhhhh must be the fatigue.

Okay brain very confused better go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment