Friday, August 27, 2010

Pui

Just saw that Windows Live Messenger has this software that can be installed along with it named 'Family safety'. Sounds nice?

Apparently its function is to allow parents to block certain websites and 'monitor' what their child have been doing online.

Another flimsy excuse with a nice title when all the parents are doing is controlling another aspect of their child's life.

I'm not saying parents can't control us, but I don't like the fact that the software's title is sugarcoated to make it sound nice.

Another point: I don't think the average parent knows more about the internet that his child does - my father thought that you had to download videos from youtube and I spent 5 minutes trying to convince him otherwise. My mother then thought that they charge you for every video you watched.

Idk who would still be reading this by now but kay rant over bye.

2 comments: