Monday, May 20, 2013

Interviews

Me, during the NTU admissions interview:

Interviewer: Hi!

Me, squeakily: hi

Interviewer: So where are you from?

Me, in my head: What does he mean, where am I from?

-Silence-

Me, in my head: Oh shit, better say something.

Me, out loud: Er, do you mean my education or my house?

-Silence-

Me, in my head: Oh shit shit shit

-2 seconds later-

Me, out loud: Punggol! I come from Punggol!!

Me, in my head: Oh shit


Me, during the SMU admissions interview (group setting):

Interviewers: So, tell us something about yourselves!

Me, after four other interviewees have answered: I like to read Harry Potter.

-SILENCE-

Me, in my head: Oh shit

Later on....

Interviewer: I would like each of you to give some comments or ask something about the [political] article you have read just now.

Boy 1: Actually I've been following the Bersih rally since 2.0-

Me, in my head: Wtf is this

Boy 1: - and I'm also from the young PAP blah blah

Me, in my head: Ok bye


Me, during the job interview for Best Fries Forever:

Boss: So why do you want to work here?

Me: Because I like to eat french fries

Boss: ... ok.

Me, in my head: Oh shit


Me, during the interview for my internship (group setting):

Interviewer 1: You will be required to help with F1 and do a lot of work, you know?

Me, meekly and demurely: It's ok, no problem.

Interviewer 2: Can or not, you look very fragile leh.

Me, in my head: Knn I thought must be demure

Me, out loud: Haha no la :)

Me, in my head: If you could hear me here....

No comments:

Post a Comment