Saturday, December 1, 2012

Change

I don't want to write essays anymore. I want to be a dermatologist and boss people around on what to do about their pimples :(

For the first time in my life I have to think during exams; regurgitation is useless. For all the "superior" education in Singapore, I have never been taught to explore a subject beyond its syllabus, or analyse it in a way that stimulates further thinking.

Now my exams ask me questions like this:

How does "putting on the boots" give [Estrogon and Vladimir] the impression that they exist? Why do you think they are so concerned about their existence?

Obviously I can't recount the whole play and leave it at that, so I wrote a shit load of crap about birth and death and everything in between, including magicians, illusions, contradiction, and validation. Turns out it was just "shit" and not "shit load", because it only amounted to slightly less than one and a half page while my course mates managed to spew a violent and passionate diarrhea of words worth - I forgot how many pages.

Three and a half more years. May I get more adept at interpreting forms and meanings - or writing bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment