Friday, October 30, 2009

Irritating interrupter

I dislike it when I'm reading a book and somebody keeps trying to talk to me.

Like this:

"What are the seven steps along the path?" Number one asked.

"We will begin, Alosha said, and then took a long pause. "The first step toward the the truth of the Creation is discrimination. Discrimination between -

"EH MANDY AH?"

Me: What.

Ninny: Oh I disturbed you is it. Never mind you continue reading.

what? The real and the unreal. That is the key element. No progress is realized until it is achieved. Yet, when you left earth, as a people, perhaps one in a million had achieved discrimination. That is why -

Ninny: Actually hor...

Me: WHAT.

Ninny: Aiya I tell you later la.

the destruction of earth occurred. It had to occur, for your own sakes."

There was a buzz in the garden. Alosha wasn't winning any friends this afternoon. She/he/we/it was just confusing us. Number one spoke for all of us with his next question.

"Could you please clarify?"

"We understand your difficulty in accepting this concept. Part of this is because -


Ninny: You know hor, the other I went to the toilet and smelled shit leh.

Me: Know.

of your misunderstanding-

Ninny: Then hor, I accidentally say out loud very smelly leh!

Me: Mm.

of the purpose of human life, and your ideas of what -

Ninny: Then got one freak stare at me. Knn like they think not smelly like that.

Me: .

is real." A pause. "Time is a ruler set down by the Creation to measure progress. Time allows you to have linear experiences. If -

Ninny: etuiweytuieshgoehw8thweougheoghegohasgp.

Me:

there was no time nothing could be learned. A test must be time - if it is not, the results are invalid. You practice this -

Ninny: eoriyhqeotgheogiebnpithryhsrhshstrtjigjnsf!

Me: Stop talking to me.

in your -

Ninny: tioetyaougbaeoghweoghsegosngoweht0weghsegsgsdefgsdgs?

Me: I said stop talking to me!

Ninny:



p/s. excerpt from The Starlight Crystal by Christopher Pike.

No comments:

Post a Comment